There is now an abundance of scientific research proving Mindfulness meditation as a contribution to good mental health. Rather than a mystical practice, Mindfulness is simply training for the mind, improving mental fitness. During this session, our speaker will touch upon the key benefits, how to tame the monkey mind, and how practicing mindfulness regularly makes your working life more fulfilling, manageable, and personal life more enriching.
Hannah Loveday, Founder, YogaLoveday
- Key words and phrases to make job adverts more appealing to women.
- How can you actively get a more diverse tech team?
- What benefits should you be offering to make your job adverts more gender neutral?
- How to encourage applicants from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds.
Devon Joseph, Senior Data Engineer, Soho House & Co.
Tripta Kershaw, Director of Product Management
Körber Logistics Systems
Jane Murrison, Head of UX&Design, BBC
Moderator: Shola Kaye, Speaker and Communications Specialist, Shola Kaye
- How to react to language that is demeaning, whether accidental or deliberate?
- How to professionally deal with inappropriate behaviour / vocabulary?
- Top tactics to empower you to deal with the situation.
Andjela Djukanovic, Assistant Manager – Information Risk Management, KPMG UK
Mohibi Hussain, Security and Strategy Architect, University of Cambridge
Moderator: Ann Francke OBE, Chief Executive, Chartered Management Institute
- How can the industry create more diverse leaders and therefore role models?
- How can we make current female tech leaders more visible to younger generations?
- How can you access people in leadership roles?
- As a leader, how can you make yourself more accessible?
Gemma Bloemen, COO, Elder
Tara McGeehan, President UK Operations, CGI
Anita Fernqvist, Director of Operations and Chief Data Officer, Zurich Insurance
Head of Engineering Workforce Transformation, Natwest
Moderator: Kate Collins, Global Director IT Strategy and Delivery, Royal BAM Group
- How can we encourage women from all backgrounds to apply to the technology industry?
- How can we use our power and agency to level the playing field for Black women and Ethnic women within tech?
- How can we support Black women and Ethnic women with their journey in technology?
Charlene Hunter, Founder, Coding Black Females
Dr Nike Folayan, Technical Director, WSP in the UK
Anisah Osman Britton, Founder, 23 Code Street
Abadesi Osunsade, Founder & CEO, HustleCrew
Moderator: Anne-Marie Imafidon, CEO, Stemettes
Space agencies and commercial companies globally are working together to enable humans to return to the lunar surface this decade. What does the future of human and robotic space exploration hold and what does it mean for humanity? We learn about NASA and the European Space Agency’s plans to send the next man and first woman to the Moon and how women in STEM are playing a crucial role internationally in sending humans and robotic explorers to the surface of the Moon and beyond.
Vinita Marwaha Madill, Founder, Rocket Women
- How to develop from the start of your journey to the next stage.
- How to become recognised without being a pushover.
- How to steer work your way.
• What to do when you feel overwhelmed.
- How to make more women aware of the sideways move into tech.
- Encouraging women from a non-technical background to upskill to meet the demands of the skills shortage.
- Raising awareness of tech as a second career: apprenticeship opportunities and mature learning. How to help returners keep up with tech.
Marina Brilleman, Global IT Manager – Business Analysis, British American Tobacco
Louise McCormack, Acquisition & Lifecycle Manager, Independent News & Media
Sonya Moisset, Lead Security Engineer, Photobox
Gomathi Shivakumar, Junior Software Engineer, DVLA
Moderator: Jodi Rilot, Exec Coaching and Leadership Development, Rilot Consulting
A life full of opportunity and challenge. Jacqueline de Rojas CBE, President of TechUK, shares her story; who inspired her, lessons on carving out a career in tech and why diversity matters.
Jacqueline de Rojas CBE, President, TechUK
Please note, sessions from 09.55 are on-demand so Q+A functionality is removed.